University of Western Australia

  • University of Western Australia

Sponsor UWA’s Sue Bailey


The University of Western Australia ar ea founding partner of the WA Social Worker of the Year Awards. UWA offer Social Work as a postgraduate degree; students may complete any undergraduate degree then complete the postgraduate Master Social Work to qualify as a social worker.

As a social worker you could be employed in a variety of health fields and also in state, territory and federal government departments, in hospitals, community health centres, local government authorities or non-government welfare agencies.

With broad academic and practical training, qualified social workers may also work in non-social work areas as project officers, policy makers or administrators.

Visit the UWA Social Work webpage